There is a lot of hype about swine flu, isn't there? I'm not a doctor, but here is some info:
- Swine flu is a rapidly mutating virus, which makes it very hard for humans to cope with it.
- This is new stuff, inoculations are not available
- The best defense is to have your immune system in tip-top shape. Well rested, wash your hands, diet, etc.
- There are no known cases in Oregon (yet)
- Probably goes without saying you might want to avoid travel to areas that do have known cases
- You can't get it from eating pork
- You don't have it.
The CDC has more info here: